SaaS facilitates remote application hosting and delivery.
5 de abril del 2019
Software as a service (SaaS) allows users to connect to and use cloud-based applications over the Internet. Some examples are email, calendars, and office tools.
The four things you should know about SaaS are:
SaaS is focused on medium or small companies that cannot afford the investment in a complete software. In this way, they access a series of modules or parts, at low cost as a platform rental.
It is not a complete software program, it is only a part of it; nor is it an installation, it is a limitation of measures and access, only the parameters demanded by the user are fixed and launched into the cloud. Its access will be through the Internet through the Cloud Computing platform. In summary, its implementation is very fast.
• Lower costs. SaaS has a differential regarding costs since it usually resides in a shared or multitenant environment where the hardware and software license costs are low compared with the traditional model.
• Risk Reduction. In relation to data security. In this case, even if there is an error, the cloud will not be damaged, we avoid the massive loss of data due to a problem or virus in the software.
• Reduction of implementation time. It does not require installation, only access to the cloud. It is immediate.
• Your remote access from any place at any time for a fixed number of users, the only indispensable requirement is to have an Internet connection.
• There is some hesitation about the status of the company databases in a cloud. Users feel some fear of having the data "online".
• On the one hand, the information will be in the cloud, so make sure that the provider with whom you hire the service guarantees a good system that protects the data handled by your company.
• And on the other, the problem that can arise is interruptions through the network and connectivity. This disadvantage has to do with the fall of the network (total disconnection), and by the Internet speed that the company has contracted. The less Internet speed, the lower the connection speed, and the slower the SAAS service will go.