Search Engine Optimization or SEO in short, is a set of rules that can be followed by website owners to optimize their websites for search
12 de agosto del 2018
SEO is one of the most misunderstood and misinterpreted terms in the world of marketing. Search engine optimization or SEO in short, is a set of rules that can be followed by website owners to optimize their websites for search engines and improve their search engine rankings.
In addition, it is a great way to increase the quality of their web sites by making them user-friendly, faster and easier to navigate. SEO can also be considered as a framework since the whole process has a number of rules (or guidelines), a number of stages and a set of controls.
In today’s competitive market, SEO marketing is more important than ever. Search engines serve millions of users per day looking for answers to their questions or for solutions to their problems.
Search engine optimization is essential because:
- The majority of search engines users are more likely to click on one of the top 5 suggestions in the results pages (SERPS), so to take advantage of this and gain visitors to your web site or customers to your online store you need to in the top positions.
- SEO is not only about search engines, but good SEO practices improve the user experience and usability of a web site.
- Users trust search engines and having a presence in the top positions for the keywords the user is searching, increases the web site’s trust.
- SEO is good for the social promotion of your website. People who find your web site by searching Google or Yahoo are more likely to promote it on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or other social media channels.
- SEO is important for the smooth running of a big web site. Web sites with more than one author can benefit from SEO in a direct and indirect way. Their direct benefit is increase in search engine traffic and their indirect benefit is having a common framework (checklists) to use before publishing content on the site.
- SEO can put you ahead of the competition. If two web sites are selling the same thing, the search engine optimized website is more likely to have more customers and make more sales.
Search engine optimization is a sophisticated, quickly developing profession. You have to stay in the loop and constantly learn new things. To top it all off, methods and processes constantly change. It requires a lot of time to adapt new, efficient procedures. Most of the website owners do not have this time at their disposal.